You can't tell me that Jerome doesn't look flat out goofy there.
- The NFL has weighed on the officiating and Greg Aiello, league spokesman, said, "Overall it was a well-officiated game. There's no question about it." I guess that'll be it for any further drama about the officiating. The NFL said it was good. It would be too much of an embarrassment for them to admit anything went wrong in their showcase event. At least Mike Holmgren took a jab at the officials by saying "I didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts as well." Good for you Mike.
- This Super Bowl was suppose to not be interesting to non-fans around the country. Super Bowl XL turns out to be the second most watched television program in television history. 45.85 million homes tuned it. The most watched program in history was the finale of "M-A-S-H". No word on how the Lingerie Bowl did. Don't hold you breath though.
- Attending the Super Bowl parade is always a surefire way to miss work and let your kids miss getting pegged in dodge ball during phys ed. at school.
- The spirit of the Super Bowl has its place. In a bar, at work, on the street, in your home. One place is not the court room during a manslaughter case. A judge in Seattle apologizes for leading a Super Bowl chant in the courtroom. On Friday, after all were to rise when the judge entered the courtroom, Judge Beverly G. Grant asked everyone to say "Go Seahawks" before taking their seats. Unhappy with the weak response, she asked everyone to repeat it. Manslaughter is not funny. Telling everyone in the courtroom to say "Go Seahawks" is stupid...yet funny.
- This couple, from Colorado , makes the judge from above, looking like freakin Albert Einstein. Let's just say balloon+explosive gas+rolling around in backseat=KA BOOM!. Almost a nominee for a Darwin Award whose motta is "We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it. "
We'd love to hear your comments and/or opinions. If you submit them here, other visitors can read them, rate them and comment on them. An e-mail address is not required.
From Super Bowl XL Round Up to NFL Archives | Sports Blog | College Football Archives | MLB Archives | NBA Archives | NCAA Basketball Archives | Soccer Archives | Olympics Archives | Stupid Athletes Archives | Other Archives |
[?] Subscribe To|
We are always very interested in reader comments about the site -- especially ideas about how to improve it.