One of my favorite parts of this NBA playoffs is hearing Charles Barkley talk basketball on TNT. Barkley says it like it is and doesn't care who he says it to. All of that turns out to be comical.
Depending on your sense of humor you love his style or you hate it. But what I enjoy is that he's just naturally funny. This is not scripted stuff read off a teleprompter. I doubt he spends his free time thinking of what to say. He just says what comes to his mind and it's funny.
A fellow fan enjoys Barkley one-liners so much that he compiled a list of them. We know Charles likes to talk so it's a fairly long list. Here are some of my favorites.
- At halftime of the all star game, in response to seeing Beyonce in the crowd, Barkley said, "All I wanna know is when ya see someone that pretty, how can you go to Brokeback Mountain?"
- "I love Sam Cassell, he's a great guy... but he does look like E.T."
- "Craig Sager is the only guy on TV that can't get a date. It is almost impossible to be on TV and not be able to get a date."
- When Chuck was asked by the judge if he had any regrets about throwing guy through a window in Orlando he said, "I regret we weren't on a higher floor."
- During the NBA finals, Ernie Johnson points to a sign that reads: "Barkley = Dumb, Van Gundy = Dumber" Barkley responds, "Hey, at least that guy knows who I am. I have no idea who that guy is."
- After Ben Gordon made a floater in the Bulls vs. Cavs game...
Charles: That is one shot that every player should learn
Kenny: Yea I am teaching my daughter and son that shot.
Charles: I thought your daughter and son were the same person.
There's even a running joke this week about Barkely trying to describe an up tempo game. He said "varn vurner" instead of "barn burner". He tried a couple times to say it correctly but couldn't. They haven't let him live that down all week.
We'd love to hear your comments and/or opinions. If you submit them here, other visitors can read them, rate them and comment on them. An e-mail address is not required.
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
From Words of Wisdom by Charles Barkley to NBA Archives | Sports Blog | NFL Football Blog | NCAA Football Blog | NFL Football Archives | College Football Archives | MLB Baseball Blog | College Baseball Blog | MLB Baseball Archives | NBA Basketball Blog | NCAA Basketball Blog | NCAA Basketball Archives | Fantasy Football | Fantasy Basketball | Fantasy Baseball | Soccer Archives | Olympics Archives | Stupid Athletes Archives | Other Archives | Football Forum | Basketball Forum | Baseball Forum | NFL Football Store | NBA Basketball Store | MLB Baseball Store | NCAA Football Store | NCAA Basketball Store | NCAA Baseball Store | Fatheads | NFL Football Tickets | NBA Basketball Tickets | MLB Baseball Tickets | NCAA Football Tickets | NCAA Basketball Tickets | NCAA Baseball Tickets |
[?] Subscribe To|
We are always very interested in reader comments about the site -- especially ideas about how to improve it.