Sports Illustrated recently compiled their list of "The Ultimate Sports Experiences". It's sponsored by Viagara and I have no idea what the two could have in common except that both get men excited.
Going through their list of twenty, some I agree on and others I don't have a desire to go to. That's just me. I'm sure you feel the same way.
I've been fortunate enough to a couple on the list. I've been to Whistler Blackcomb (#18) to snowboard. I'm not expert and I don't go down any slope that looks like I'm looking down from the top of a building. I have attended a Super Bowl (#3) when it was in Jacksonville. That's when the Eagles were all happy and Terrell Owens played.
Just looking over the list and thinking about other great sports experiences, here is my list of my top five ulimate sports experiences.
5) Masters Weekend at Augusta National – Just having tickets for the weekend is an ultimate in itself.
4) Game 7 of the World Series – I don't care who is playing. I want to feel the excitment of the culmination of a long season that comes down to one final game. Chances are anything that happens in this game becomes history. Just don't sit me near any foul line because I fear being Steve Bartman.
3) BCS Championship Game – Being an ultimate college football fan this is a no brainer. Add in my Florida Gators and this would move up one spot.
2) Super Bowl Weekend – I've been to one already and I would go to another one in a heartbeat. I include the weekend because it's one long party. When I was in Jacksonville, it turned this quiet city into one big weekend fiesta. Everything is about football and there's endless events going on. I see why people follow the Super Bowl year after year even without tickets.
1) World Cup Finals – This is my number one event because of my love for soccer. Count me as one who watched every single game this past summer. The World Cup is THE biggest sporting event in the world. Churches and business close for some countries when their teams play. For me, the electricity and excitement of being able to see it live in person makes this the top spot. If I get to see a head butt and a red card that's even better.
Of course all event would require prime seats. If I can day dream about going to these events, I might as well be picky about where I'm going to sit.
What is your ultimate sports experience? Something you've been to or want to go to? I know I'm missing something so share.
We'd love to hear your comments and/or opinions. If you submit them here, other visitors can read them, rate them and comment on them. An e-mail address is not required.
From The List of The Ulimate Sports Experiences to Other Archives | Sports Blog | NFL Archives | College Football Archives | MLB Archives | NBA Archives | NCAA Basketball Archives | Soccer Archives | Olympics Archives | Stupid Athletes Archives |
[?] Subscribe To|
We are always very interested in reader comments about the site -- especially ideas about how to improve it.